We are a premium penthouse backpackers located in central Paihia with amazing views over the beach and marina, and an ethos that puts the customer before anything else. The whole hostel is brand new and everything is top of the line in quality.
Some of our main features include:
Great Location – Walking distance from the bus stop, 1 minute from the ferry terminal and situated right above the town, we are right in the heart of Paihia.
Best views in town – Located on Marsden Road, opposite the wharf and looking out over the sparkling water of the Bay of Islands.
Modern Private Rooms – Featuring flat-screen tvs, a seating area and a personal en suite.
Quirky Bunk Beds – Comfortable and unique, featuring privacy curtains, USB charging, power points, a reading light and lockable storage.
Brand new hostel with brand new equipment – Everything is custom built including the kitchen, living room, shower room and private rooms.
Free Unlimited Wifi – While you’re browsing, why not like Haka Lodge on Facebook?
Free Tea and Coffee – Because who doesn’t love those home comforts?
Hotel Quality Mattresses – Who says cheap accommodation in Paihia has to mean uncomfortable beds? We don’t. We have hotel-quality mattresses for a great night’s sleep.
Security – After 8pm our two doors are locked and key fob/code are required to gain access to the building
Bay of Islands Education Network Guarantees @ Haka Lodge Paihia
For groups of 20 or more students between June – August, we guarantee exclusivity at Haka Lodge Paihia (teachers not included). During the rest of the year, any group with 30 students will have exclusive use of the hostel, based on availability when booking.
Staying with Haka Lodge Paihia also includes the following benefits:
- Continental breakfast each morning (toast, cereal, spreads, tea & coffee)
- Free Unlimited Wifi (Illegal downloading has been blocked)
- Large lounge area for meetings/debriefs etc
- Top of the line, large kitchen area for group meals
- Group meals are available to book, for an extra charge, taking all the hassle out of dinnertime
- Separate male and female bathrooms
- Separate cubicles in the shower room for privacy
- Free Luggage Storage on last day, if needed
- Separate bathing times for male and female students if required
- Free parking, offsite
- Free DVD rental from reception
- Free use of hairdryers, irons and towels
- Multinational, friendly staff onsite 24 hours in case of accident or emergency